Site Press – Installing Themes
What are Themes?
Site Press provides an easy way to update the look and feel of a website using themes. Themes are pre-packaged sets of files that, when installed, change the overall look and feel of a Site Press site. They can be used to change everything from the default color scheme to the entire design of a site. Themes may also be used to extend the default functionality of Site Press with the use of jQuery scripts and other plugins. While many themes have already been developed and packaged, developers may also create their own.
Choosing a Theme
To view a list of themes available for download, please visit the Site Press Themes Gallery at:
Installing an Existing Theme
Once you’ve browsed through the online catalog of themes and made a selection, you’re ready to install your new theme! Download the selected theme to your local computer and be sure to remember its location. For the purposes of this demonstration, we’ll use the Masonry Theme
Figure 1. - Theme Administration screen prior to installing new theme.
- Log into the Site Press Administration page for your website. (By default, the login page for Administration can be found by typing in your website address and then adding “/admin” on the end of the URL (Uniform Resource Locator). For example, “http://mywebsite.com/admin would take you to the mywebsite.com administration page.)
- Once logged in, click the “Edit Site” link for the website you would like to change the theme for.
- Click the Themes tab.
- Under the Upload Theme section, click the Choose File button
- Navigate to the downloaded theme zip file on your local computer and click to select it; then click the Open button.
The name of the selected theme zip file will appear next to Choose File button, confirming that you have selected a theme.
- Click the Upload button to upload the theme to your site.
- Click the Activate link to install the theme on your site. The new theme appears in the Installed Themes panel at the bottom of the Themes page.
- Navigate to the home page of your website to confirm that the new theme has been applied.
You’re done! That’s all there is to it.
Figure 2. - Theme Administration screen after installing the Masonry theme.