Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that content available by means of the Site Press Website (as defined in our Terms of Service) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please notify us by providing a written notice (“Infringement Notice”) containing the information described below to the designated agent listed below. If Vertex takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to Vertex.
Your Infringement Notice may be forwarded to the party that made the content available or to third parties such as ChillingEffects.org.
Please be advised that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Site Press Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
Please follow these steps to file a notice:
- Verify that the site in question is hosted by Vertex. We have no control over sites that say “Powered by Vertex Site Press®.” Some sites may use an open source version of Site Press software installed on servers owned by them or under their management, and may not be hosted by us. Please contact the appropriate web host with complaints. We only host sites that have “SitePress.net” in their URL or that say “powered by SitePress.net” on the site.’
- Contact the site user directly. Go to the site post in question and leave a comment with your complaint to see if the matter can be resolved directly between you and the site user.
- If the issue cannot be resolved directly with the site user, send your complaint to our designated agent at (we prefer email):
Vertex Software Corporation
1515 South Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78746
Attn: General Counsel
Phone: (512) 328-3700
Fax: (512) 328-4044
You must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the nature and exact location of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit Vertex to find and positively identify that content. For example we require a link to the specific site post (not just the name of the site) that contains the content and a description of which specific portion of the site post – an image, a link, the text, etc – your complaint refers to;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
Please note that a copy of your infringement notice, including any contact information you provide (address, telephone number, and email address), will be forwarded to the user who uploaded the content at issue.
Please be sure to include the following information when you submit a DMCA notice:
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- Company or Organization Name
- Address Line 1(required)
- Address Line 2 (if applicable)
- City (required)
- State/Region/Province (required)
- Zip/Postal Code (required)
- Country (required)
- Telephone Number (required)
- Email Address (required)
- Copyright holder you represent (if other than yourself
- Location of copyrighted work (where your original material is located) (required)
- Please describe the copyrighted work so that it may be easily identified (required)
- Location (URL) of the unauthorized material on a SitePress.net site (NOT simply the primary URL of the site - example.SitePress.net; you must provide the full and exact permalink of the post, page, or image where the content appears, one per line) (required)
- If the infringement described is represented by a third-party link to a downloadable file (e.g. http://rapidshare.com/files/...), please provide the URL of the file (one per line)
Please include the following text:
“I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
I understand that a copy of this infringement notice, including any contact information I provided above (address, telephone number, and email address), will be forwarded to the user who uploaded the content at issue.
Signed on this date of (today's date, MM/DD/YYYY)
Signature” (by submitting your name to us electronically, your digital signature is legally binding)
If an Infringement Notice is valid, we are required by law to respond to it by disabling access to the allegedly infringing content.
If you are a SitePress.net user and access to portions of your site have been disabled for this reason, we will notify you. You then have the option to send us a written counter-notice (a Counter-Notice) stating why your content does not infringe copyrights and asking for access to be reinstated. Please see our counter-notice guidelines for more information.